- ClothingKitchen assistants/porters have to wear aprons or overalls, waterproof boots and gloves, and other special protective clothing, for handling cleaning chemicals.
- KitchenOur Kitchen Porters are essential to the functioning of the kitchen. They are primarily responsible for ensuring kitchen cleanliness, basic food preparation, and maintaining kitchen organisation.
Here’s a look at the main duties involved:
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can be involved in food preparation. If you are in a top-class restaurant, then don’t expect more than peeling potatoes or unwrapping ingredients. However, smaller kitchens might task kitchen porters with preparing salads or some desserts.